As you know, BUS477 is very participation-oriented. In total, participation counts for 10% of your grade in this class. That’s not as much as an assignment, but it’s enough to make a difference in your final letter grade.
I’d like to to tell me the grade you feel you earned.
I’d like to do this for 4 reasons:
- I believe it will encourage you to participate even more during the last half of the class. That will benefit you.
- It will give you the opportunity to assess yourself and put your best foot forward
- It will provide you a better opportunity to assess what “participation” means
- It will provide me with a benchmark
I will still grade you. However, before I assign your participation grade, I would consider what you feel your participation was worth and why you felt this way.
Don’t want to grade yourself? No problem. It’s an opportunity, not a requirement.
Format? A simple email report is fine. This is a business report, so make it clear and convincing. Bullet points are great. Spelling and grammar mistakes are not.
Grading criteria? Please grade yourself /100 for class participation (5%) and /100 for community participation (5%). Be sure to justify your conclusions with facts. See the FAQ for details.
- Due date: Within 5 days of the last day of class (elevator pitch.) I plan to submit your grades within a week of our last class, so you might want to start your note now!
- Please use the class discussion forum